Application Record (ROCP)
From Riverview Legal Group
R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 194: RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE
Application Record and Factum
38.09 (1) The applicant shall,
- (a) serve an application record, together with a factum consisting of a concise argument stating the facts and law relied on by the applicant, at least seven days before the hearing, on every respondent who has served a notice of appearance; and
- (b) file the application record and factum, with proof of service, at least seven days before the hearing, in the court office where the application is to be heard. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 194, r. 38.09 (1); O. Reg. 171/98, s. 17 (1); O. Reg. 206/02, s. 9 (1); O. Reg. 438/08, s. 40 (1, 2).
- (2) The applicant’s application record shall contain, in consecutively numbered pages arranged in the following order,
- (a) a table of contents describing each document, including each exhibit, by its nature and date and, in the case of an exhibit, by exhibit number or letter;
- (b) a copy of the notice of application;
- (c) a copy of all affidavits and other material served by any party for use on the application;
- (d) a list of all relevant transcripts of evidence in chronological order, but not necessarily the transcripts themselves; and
- (e) a copy of any other material in the court file that is necessary for the hearing of the application. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 194, r. 38.09 (2).
- R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 194: RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE, <https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900194>, reterived August 17, 2020